Wow what an incredible privilege it is to serve the Lord! I never cease to be amazed. I led a team of 7 students to Papua New Guinea (PNG) for 5 ½ weeks. God really used this time to build my confidence as a leader. As a team we discovered that God’s presence was in PNG and it was exciting to be able to partner with Him in the work He’s doing there. We did things like prayer walks, home visits, children’s programs, church services and the like.
We also got to visit the local hospital to pray for people. We were able to pray for 3 expecting mothers; one of which was 3 days overdue and had walked several hours to get to the hospital. Another mother was having complications because the baby wasn’t turned the right way and the last mother was 5 weeks overdue (yes that says 5, it’s not a typo). As a team we were able to lay our hands on each woman and pray. The next day we found out that all 3 women had their babies that night and through the early morning. God is amazing! A woman in the town heard about this and said “now I know God is real.” It was such a testimony of who God is and it also gave us opportunity to pray for more people.
We traveled to a village that was involved in witchcraft and things of the sort. We didn’t stay overnight in this village but made several day trips. God really ministered to the people through our team. The main thing we taught on was repentance and forgiveness. We ended up seeing 31 people make 1st time commitments to following the Lord! The next week they were talking about starting Bible studies and having times of worship together. I’m still amazed at what God did there.
We also had an opportunity to work with our health care team for a day. They were at a primary school doing health checks. I got to join the group that was working in the grade 3 classroom. Students would move through different stations of getting their skin, ears and eyes checked. Then they would come to me and I got to pray for each of them. Some of them didn’t speak very good English and some would ask me to pray for their family. But the last kid to come to me was a little boy and when I asked him if there was anything I could pray for, he said “for forgiveness of my sins.” I asked him if he had ever asked Jesus into his life before. He said no and said that he wanted to. So I was able to lead him to the Lord. Although I think it was the Lord that led me to this little boy. I love how God is infinite and all knowing. He puts us in the right place at the right time.
While I was in PNG I had a fresh revelation that God needs us. He needs us to be His hands and feet. He needs us to speak to people. I heard a story not too long ago about a man who was frustrated with some problems around him. He asked God why aren’t you doing anything about this. And God’s answer was why aren’t you? God wants to use us. He wants to partner with us to see His will done in the world. And it truly is such a privilege to partner with Him and the work that He’s doing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment