Friday, February 13, 2009

Youth Street...


During the month of January I started helping with the ministry we do here on Saturday’s. The ministry, called Youth Street, is for youth 12 to 17 years old. There are different teams consisting of sport, music, dance, skate, etc. I have joined the 360 sports team. My team is for youth who enjoy doing different sports. We do a different sport or activity each week. Each team lasts from 2:00 to 5:30. Some of the activities on our schedule consist of ultimate frisbee, badminton, rock climbing, archery, swimming, etc. My team has an average of 7 kids each week, but out of all the teams there have been around 60 kids coming to hang out on Saturday’s.

We have had a lot of rain lately. So this past week we ended up playing ultimate frisbee in the rain (hence the above picture). We had so much fun! One of the kids told me it was the dirtiest he had ever gotten. It has been a lot of fun stepping up into this leadership role. I’ve loved connecting with the youth and look forward to more opportunities to disciple!

No comments: