Wednesday, February 04, 2009

What I've been up to...

I’m still working in the accounts office but I have made the transition from accounts payable to accounts receivable. It has been a challenging transition because I was covering two jobs and found that it was just too much; but I now have a new work mate who covers accounts payable which is a huge help.

The guy I was working with moved from accounts to staffing a DTS which left a hole in accounts. As my supervisor and I prayed about this hole we both felt at peace. We trusted that God was in control and that He would provide and He did!

A couple days ago I was sitting on my front porch just thinking about who God is. Have you stopped to consider God’s wonders lately?

Across the street from my house there is a big tree and the wind was causing the tree to sway in many different directions. I was reminded of a quote, God is like the wind… you can’t see it, but you know it’s there and you can see the impact the wind has on things. And the wind is so mighty and powerful. It’s amazing how God can use something like the wind to speak to us when we take the time to slow down and listen.


“God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding.”

“He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’”

“The breath of God produces ice, and the broad waters become frozen. He loads the clouds with moisture; he scatters his lightening through them. At his direction they swirl around over the face of the whole earth to do whatever he commands them.”

“God comes in awesome majesty. The Almighty is beyond our reach and exalted in power; in his justice and great righteousness, he does not oppress.” (Job 37)

My words are few… this scripture speaks so deep within my heart. The fact that God commands the snow to fall on the earth and by His breath ice is produced. Yet He desires for me to make the choice to spend time with Him and enjoy who He is.

Lately I’ve gotten caught up in what other people think. I’ve focused more on impressing people rather than keeping my focus on Jesus. It’s been good for me to be reminded that I can’t earn God’s love. I can’t impress God. He loves me in my brokenness. He accepts me for who I am and was willing to die for me so I could be pure and holy. And He didn’t die because He knew I would accept Him, He left the choice up to me... it’s such an incredible thought.


Thank you Lord for the opportunity to serve you. Please bless each person who has taken the time to support and encourage me. Lord I pray that you will continue to become even more real to them each day. Holy Spirit give them revelation of your love. Thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Keevy
Thank you for you're heartfelt and open sharing in this blog entry. God really spoke to me through your words.
I pray that you stay safe and that God continues to bless you in your ministry and learning.

Jennifer York