Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope and pray that you had an amazing Christmas and a joyous start to the New Year! I had a wonderful Christmas! I went to Kim and David’s (my cousins) for Christmas Eve and had a spectacular dinner; Kim made homemade lasagna. Janna (my other cousin) was also there for dinner and then we went to the beach to watch the sun set (I’ve posted some pictures—they’re on the left)! For Christmas morning I went over to Kim’s again and opened presents that my family had sent me! (I have the most amazing family; I am so blessed!) After opening presents we made French toast and cheese eggs for breakfast. For lunch the whole base came together for a wonderful meal; potato casserole, shrimp, ham, chicken, salad, cheesecake and more! We had each drawn a name for a Secret Santa gift and had stockings we could fill with goodies. That evening I watched Christmas movies and spent time with friends. Although it was hard to be away from my family, this was the next best place to be!

Things in accounts are still going well. I have learned so much and I’m finally starting to get the hang of how things operate! It has been a great place for me to start. I’ve learned how tax on purchases work and I’ve enjoyed trying to understand the Aussie accent when I call businesses. The guy that was working with me is now staffing the January Discipleship Training School (DTS) so please pray for the hole we have in the position of Accounts Receivable—that God will send the right person for the job and at a convenient time!

The Introduction to Primary Health Care (IPHC) School left on December 30th for Papua New Guinea to do a two month outreach. Please pray for their safety as they travel into a village that desperately needs them. I look forward to sharing how God moves through this team of twelve women (once they return).

“The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

3 comments:

Tammy Dillon said...

Great to hear y'all had a wonderful Christmas. And, congratulations, Auntie! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you. Carolyn and I are always pleased to hear how your walk and life with Christ is moving. As you posted we need to be patient and listen to the direction of the Savior.

God is the only way we can be connected to our faith and belief in each other as Christians.

God bless you Keevy and we are confident your 2009 will be filled with His blessings.

Jerry & Carolyn Brown

annajshirris said...

I finally got a chance to sit down and really get a good look at your new place. Looks real cute from the front and especially liked the back yard and patio Loved talking to you last night!! Nana