
We just began our first outreach. I am leading a team of 7 students on the DTS. For this outreach we are working with 2 youth camps. The first is called Mission Adventures. It's where our ministry plans an outreach for a group of youth from Christian High Schools. Mission Adventure's motto is "we do the work so you can do the outreach." Meaning we do all the planning (such as food, accomodation, ministry) for the group, so they focus on doing the ministry. My group of 7 students have been doing an amazing job! They are all solid leaders and I am so proud of them. For this first week we are holding training sessions for the Mission Adventures group (2 leaders & 11 students) to make sure they are prepared to do outreach. We'll talk about missions, how to do evangelism, and educate them on their outreach location. Then we'll travel 11 hours West in 2 Hiace vans to work with a couple different aboriginal communities in the town of Mount Isa.
The week following we are working with a camp called 5 Day Escape. We will travel approximately 17 hours South in a double decker bus to go to a couple different theme parks and learn how to surf. This camp is focused on drawing in youth who do not usually attend church so we can build relationship with them and see them grow in a relationship with the Lord. During the day we will go to the theme parks and at night we'll have devotions. I've heard that in past years there have been several youth who have made a committment to the Lord by going on this camp.
I'd really appreciate your prayers as I lead this team. I'm learning that it's a lot of responsibility to lead a team and know that your prayers will make a huge difference!
Specific prayer points:
- safety as I drive the team to Mount Isa
- wisdom to lead the team
- covering as I handle our finances
- fruit from our times of ministry
- that the Mission Adventures group would really grow in God
- that we would see fruit from the 5 Day Escape camp
2 comments:
I'm so glad to see and read about your latest news. Keep going. I'm sure you are loving every minute of it. I hope your trip goes well.
Keep up the good work. Thinking about you and your work praying for your concerns, expressed on your blog
Post a Comment