For the past two weeks I have been doing a training course called Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. I did the first phase of this course back in November. This was the second phase. In order to staff the schools we run here at the base it is strongly encouraged that we do this training. We looked at how to start a school from scratch and what it takes in order to run a school. We looked at budgets, timelines, assessment tools and other kinds of helpful paperwork.
This training was run in the mornings and then I would work in the accounts office in the afternoons. It was a busy two weeks but I’m very thankful for the opportunity I had to do this training. I have a few more assignments to complete but once those are finished I will be qualified as a trained assessor.
In the training we talked about our role in staffing schools and there was one phrase that really stood out to me. As a staff I’m just a beggar showing another beggar where to get some food. It’s easy to get caught up in the mind set that I need to have all the answers as a staff; but it’s actually more beneficial to the students if I don’t have all the answers. If I just gave them bread every time they asked for it they wouldn’t know where the supply is and how to find the bread for themselves. I thought it was an awesome analogy and something to hold on to as I staff the Discipleship Training School, which starts in two weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment