Monday, November 03, 2008

God's little blessing...

I just wanted to share a quick story with you. Last week I was thinking about how great it would be to have a bike. I didn’t need one but I did think it would be nice to have one. I enjoy walking but sometimes it’s nice to mix things up and ride places. To put things into perspective, the mall where I do my grocery shopping is about a 15 minute walk away and the beach is about a 45 minute walk away.

So last week this was my dialogue with God…. “Lord I don’t need a bike but it would be really nice to have one.” Not much more was said. I didn’t even tell anybody that I wanted a bike! Well last Wednesday someone here on base came up to me and asked me if I wanted a bike. So I got given a bike! How awesome is God!?!

In Australia it is illegal to ride a bike without a helmet; I could get a ticket! So I again went to God…. “Lord it’s really awesome that you gave me a bike but I can’t ride it unless I have a helmet.” The very next day I was talking to another staff member on base and was bragging on how awesome God is that He blessed me with a bike. She asked me if I had a helmet, when I told her no, she gave me hers!

People here at the base have such generous hearts! I am so blown away by the generosity of people who are in need themselves. And God is sooooo good! He cares about the smallest desires of our hearts and longs to provide for us! Just thought I’d let you know that God is taking great care of me!

1 comment:

annajshirris said...

Hey, you look good on that bike, with helmet!! Liked the slide show and pictures as well as the update!! Love Ya! Nana